My Freeview box has no EPG, is blank on FIVE, ITV3, ITV4, ITV2+1, has no sound o
To deal with the problem you must clear the channel list completely and then rescan - if your box has it in the menus, please the 'installation menu' to do an initial scan or a reset to factory settings or First Time Installation. You MUST delete the entire existing list of channels. On most boxes this technique can be also be used:
1) unplug your Freeview box (or idTV) from the mains;
2) unplug the aerial from the Freeview box by disconnecting the cable from the 'RF in' socket;
3) wait 30 seconds;
4) plug Freeview box (or idTV) mains back in;
5) do a complete scan for channels - it will fail without the aerial. (This may be in the installation or initialization menu, and is distinct from any 'add channels option'). Once this is done your channel line up should be empty;
6) reinsert aerial by reconnecting to the 'RF in' connection;
7) do a complete scan for channels again.
The Freeview channel line-up provided by six "multiplexes" - each of which carry five or more TV channels, radio channels, text services and EPG data. In this diagram each ROW represents a multiplex. If you are still missing a whole multiplex (ie everything on the row) you may need to replace your aerial with a wideband type, purchase a larger aerial or you may have interference from a VCR, games console, Sky Digibox or similar.
The RH11 postcode is a large area and dependent on your full postcode, you might be able to receive several transmitters depending on which way your aerial is pointing. The two most likely are the Reigate relay transmitter or the Crystal Palace main transmitter, neither are reporting any faults.
Check that your aerial still looks intact with no missing elements and the downlead is correctly attached and not flapping in the wind, and that the aerial is pointing in the correct direction.
Dependent on your full postcode, it'll be roughly somewhere around due N for Reigate with the rods (or squashed Xs) vertical. And for Crystal Palace about half way between due N and NNE with the rods (or squashed Xs) horizontal.
Also check all your coax plugs, connections, flyleads etc, unplug connectors check for corrosion or other problems and reconnect them. Flyleads are a common problem, try swapping/changing them.
Then carry out a full retune.
|link to this comment|